Follow Pop Culture And Fashion Magic

Monday, June 11, 2012

Artwork/Illustration Spotlight - Belinda Chen


Belinda Chen is a 24 years old freelance illustrator, visual designer and print-maker who has graduated from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London. 

After having lived in Melbourne and Berlin for a while she now resides in Shanghai. Belinda creates amazing drawings and collages in mixed media style and she loves character design and narrative story telling.

 Flamingo Sands - my absolute favorite illustration by Belinda Chen

Here are some of my other favorite pieces form Belinda’s expanding portfolio:

I find Belinda has a very unique and imaginative style and I appreciate her confidence in trying different things when it comes to her art while also being true to herself! 

I absolutely love her play with outlines and the fantastic pops of color against white backgrounds. This technique makes her fashion illustrations look effortless, elegant and truly inspirational.
No wonder her work has been featured in numerous magazines such as Nylon, N*Style, Madison, SOKO and Gloss Creative.


I also found this interesting presentation/interview of Belinda’s on touchnote that I feel gives us a little more insight into her creative world:
I guess I enjoyed drawing a lot and I love seeing people enjoy my work.
Who's my favorite artist? Frida Kahlo, she is amazing! I love the colors, passion and story. I also love surrealist stuff involving space and dreams.
I am very much into Pop Art, such as Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol. I love the fun aspect of their work and the bright colors they use. I also like retro images and photos.
I love the detail and delicate lines in Wenzel Hablik crystal and geological inspired etchings. I find lines fascinating; lines in children’s drawings, lines in nature, lines created by fireworks, etc.
 Piccolo Degree Apartments - amazing lift lobby graphics
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! How do you feel about her work?



12 comentarii :

Unknown said...

Amazing! :D

fashion-meets-art said...

wow- she's so talented. i love her artwork, fantastic!
kisses to you
maren anita

FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

daisychurchward said...

These are absolutely lovely!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful drawings!!! :)

Nafisah xo


www.bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk

Moonstyle said...

i like it...amazing colours :)

Unknown said...

inspired!

Lilli said...

so nice illustration!

Unknown said...

WOOOOOOOW really good artwork! Love it. :)

WE LOVE FASHION // STYLE // AND ROCK'N'ROLL

Maia said...

I must say, it's pretty damn good :)

Kaleido Mind said...

wow, i am so glad you shared--she is amazingly talented!!

Baby Rouge said...

wow, how nice and pretty

http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

Alandre said...

I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

AddThis Smart Layers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...